Tuesday 22 June 2010

Lord Mayors, starting lines, finishing lines and the bit inbetween.

Hi Guys

Today has been quite exciting. I have arranged for the Lord Mayor of Hull to be on the starting line for my Skate trek. This is great news as the city of Hull has been my home for the past 4 years and I've grown somewhat attached to it. With the Lord Mayor on the start line bidding me farewell and all the best the press should hopefully follow. I will be contacting local press over the coming days.

An event page has been set up here: Facebook link

I am also waiting for confirmation of the Mayor of Bournemouth being on the finishing line and welcoming me to Bournemouth. He's a busy man that week so I've had to give a finishing date and time, this was not easy as it means I am now bound to a deadline of which I had to be realistic about. This has been set as the 21st of July at 6pm, by this time I need to be crossing the finish line which is the pier approach on Bournemouth seafront.

With the inclusion of a deadline I now have to skate 300 miles in 10 days, keeping up an average of 30 miles a day. To those in the know this is not impossible and somewhat achievable. On the flat sections I need to be pushing extra miles in order to compensate slower progress over the rough and uphill sections.

In Short......The mayor cannot be kept waiting, so GAME ON!

Regards
Sam

0 comments:

Post a Comment